Sunday, October 08, 2006


The Democrats Support the Troops

"O Canada! Our home and..."

It seems that those in the Democratic Party are always telling us they support the troops, they're patriotic, etc. If they truly are, why do they have to yell it to us at political rallies? Why is it not a little more apparent that the big "D" Democrats support those of us in military service? Maybe because they really do not support us, but they want us to think they do?

Michelle Malkin's latest post shows a portion of the Democratic Party's website dedicated to Veterans and Military Families. Michelle asks "DNC supports vets...but from which country?" There is a picture of a soldier in a green uniform who is plainly not in the U.S. Army. Michelle believes it may be a Canadian soldier; she may be correct. The Humble Patriot finds it very telling that nobody at DNC HQ would notice such an error. Is that because none of the employees or volunteers at the DNC ever served in the military, or even have close family members who have served? I'm quite sure my mother could tell that the pictured soldier is not an American. What is wrong with those Democrats anyway?

More: Little Green Footballs digs a little deeper on this issue.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm no expert on the uniforms, but I can tell you with 100% certainty that the red poppy being worn is in honor of Canada's Remembrance Day. It is observed in Canada on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month. During the weeks leading up to this observance, it is impossible to not see these poppies being worn.

8:13 PM  
Blogger airforcewife said...

I'm a registered Democrat.

Are you shocked?

Anyway, I haven't voted dem since 2000 precisely because of the behavior you noted.

And it was in a Dem stronghold in 2003 when hubby and I had a swastika scratched into our car under my military wife sticker.

I'm totally feeling the love, I tell ya.

1:58 AM  
Blogger Baccus Family said...

With the poppy on his collar, I bet he is a British soldier.

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Prev | List | Random | Next
Join
Powered by RingSurf!