Friday, October 27, 2006



Waging Jihad

It's Friday morning in Kabul, a day of rest for the Humble Patriot and 30 million Afghans. I usually spend most of each Friday morning at my laptop, skimming through the news and checking out my favorite blogs. Back in the States, the Internet was my primary source of news. Here in Afghanistan I get very little news from other sources. I really depend on the Internet here!

Most of my postings to this blog are rather impetuous and spontaneous. I will spot a news article or a post from somebody else's blog that really gets my attention, and I start writing. Not so today. As I scan through the Internet this morning, no single story is calling out to me.

However, one thing I am noticing is a growing number of stories that deal with Islamic craziness in the United States and Western Europe. Is it because as an active participant of the Global War on Terrorism I am simply more attuned to it? Perhaps so. Was I was lulled into complacency by the "Religion of Peace" propaganda campaign, deftly carried out by so many in Western civilization? I wanted to believe that Islam was a religion of peace, but I am now convinced it is not.

Throughout Europe, major cities like Paris and Rotterdam have entire neighborhoods of Muslim residents. Although only about 5% of Europe's population, their number has tripled in the last thirty years. As the birthrate among native Europeans has dropped, demographic trends point to a rising percentage of Muslims on the continent.

What about the United States? As an example, in the Humble home state of Minnesota, large numbers of Muslim immigrants from Africa and the Middle East are changing the demographics and the political scene. Muslim student groups, political aspirants and others are making a lot of noise in Minnesota, loud enough to be heard here in Afghanistan! How about assimilating into the local culture like my ancestors did? Don't hold your breath.

What does the future hold for Americans? A fight is already underway, a domestic "Cold War" with a new enemy. Taking advantage of our country's tolerance, affinity for immigrants, and First Amendment rights, radical Muslims will continue their push. Will the Islamic crazies overplay their hand? It takes a big event to awaken the sleeping giant called America (think Pearl Harbor, 9/11 attacks, etc). In the end, no matter what path we take, I believe the United States of America will prevail.

Links to current Islamic craziness:
Little Green Footballs' Fatwa in Minnesota
Daniel Pipes' Voice of America – CAIR's Shill
Youths Torch Buses Around Paris - Breitbart.com
French police face 'permanent intifada' - Jihad Watch
LGF's Religion of Peaceful Beheading

1 Comments:

Blogger airforcewife said...

I think we can, I think we can, I think we can...

Of course, we will also have to defeat those amongst ourselves with "survivor's guilt" who do not understand what being at war is, and what the consquences of not fighting are.

6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Prev | List | Random | Next
Join
Powered by RingSurf!